Local Human Rights Committee
|Click on the date for the minutes you wish to review:
Click here to download the PDF of the Meeting Minutes
Local Human Rights Committee Meeting
Thursday, May 2, 2013
502 Old Lynchburg Rd
LHRC Board Members in attendance:
Advocates in attendance:
Chuck Collins, Regional Human Rights Advocate
Mark Seymour, Regional Human Rights Advocate
Affiliates in attendance:
Jeffrey Barth, NeuroRestorative
Lisa Beach, NeuroRestorative
Sheri Gauthier, Region Ten CSB
Savannah Thompson, Lutheran Family Services of Va.
Alicia Cowan-Brown, Lutheran Family Services of Va.
John Santowski, ARC of the Piedmont
Deanna Rennon, Wall Residences
Amy Berry, Wall Residences
Tyrone Hilton, Envision Solutions
Mark Columbus, Little Keswick School
Robins Rudacil, Worksource Enterprises
Darien Hall, Family Preservation Services
Scott Worley, Creative Family Solutions
Jared Walding, VIA
Emily Callahan, VIA
Rondalyn Palmer, Fair Winds
Leela Lipscombe, CAVA
Gene Cash, CAVA
James Rogauskas, Citizen
Items covered during the meeting:
- Meeting called to order at 1:00 p.m.
- Everyone in the room introduced him/herself for the record.
- Minutes for January meeting were approved.
- Human Rights Advocates Report
Chuck commented on:
- CHRIS system implementation and the fact that some are reporting problems with using the system.
-Discussed the Human Rights survey that was sent to all providers.
-WSH will move September 15th.
-DOJ settlement going well
Mark commented on:
-Commonwealth Center will be getting a new Director as Joe Tuel is retiring.
Comments from Affiliates
- Dr. Jeffrey Barth, introduced the new Director for NeuroRestorative, Lisa Beach.
- Annual Reports from Affiliated Providers - Annual Reports from Creative Family Solutions, Fair Winds, Envision Solutions, NeuroRestorative, Lutheran Family Serivces, Virginia Institute of Autism & Little Keswick School were presented. Not in attendance was Meridian House & Family & Adolescent Services, they will be added to the agenda for the next meeting.
- Lutheran Family Services – Notification given for new Day Program which opened on April 1st.
- Wall Residences – Request affiliation of new sponsored residential site (Belle Meade Road, Louisa, VA) was approved as well as approval was given for sedation for eye procedure for one individual.
- CAVA – Request for affiliation was approved.
The LHRC Meeting was adjourned.
We would like to thank everyone that attended this meeting and those who presented during the meeting. Please remember that everyone is invited to attend each LHRC Meeting held.