Local Human Rights Committee
|Click on the date for the minutes you wish to review:
Click here to download the PDF of the Meeting Minutes
Local Human Rights Committee Meeting
Thursday, January 16, 2014
502 Old Lynchburg Rd
LHRC Board Members in attendance:
Advocates in attendance:
Chuck Collins, Regional Human Rights Advocate
Mark Seymour, Regional Human Rights Advocate
Affiliates in attendance:
Ann Mays, Region Ten CSB
Savannah Thompson, Lutheran Family Services of Va.
Leonard, Lutheran Family Services of Va.
John Santowski, ARC of the Piedmont
Pam Golas, Wall Residences
Claudia Hildebrand, Little Keswick School
Rondalyn Palmer, Fair Winds
Leela Lipscombe, Counseling Alliance of Virginia
Kristen Ault, New Y-CAPP
Matthew Osborne, VIA
Tyrone Hilton, Envision Solutions
Dianne Proctor, Creative Family Solutions
Alison Salanova, Worksource Enterprises
Amy Banner, Blue Ridge First Step
Debra Knighton, Thrive
Mindi Perry, ARS Pantops
Darian Hall, Family Preservation Services
Lindsay Jackson, Wall Residences
Sebastian Symeonides, VABODE
Items covered during the meeting:
- Meeting called to order at 1:00 p.m.
- Everyone in the room introduced him/herself for the record.
- Minutes for October meeting were approved.
- Human Rights Advocates Report-
- Chuck Collins -
- Commented on the new hospital and that the "kinks" are still being worked out. Recently a consumer who transitioned passed away. In the new hospital movements are caught on video tape and staff and HR Advocate could see that the staff assisting the consumer followed all of the appropriate protocols.
- Will be doing a Human Rights training at START.
- Deeds Family incident – request was made to invite Buzz Barnett, Region Ten Emergency Services Director to the next meeting to discuss changes following the Deeds crisis.
- Mark Seymour -
- Mark shared his new telephone number (540)569-3193.
- If you are performing "Pat downs" you need to have a written policy. Also, all "pat downs" should be performed by using the back of the hands.
Comments from Affiliates- No comments
- Annual Reports from Affiliated Providers - Annual Reports from Blue Ridge First Step, ARS Pantops Clinic, ARC of the Piedmont, Creative Family Solutions, VABODE, Family Preservation, Fair Winds, Lutheran Family Services and Wall Residences.
- Quarterly Reports – The following reports were not received, Blue Ridge First Step, ARS Pantops Clinic, START and Thrive.
- Discussion occurred regarding provider participation of annual dues.
- Creed Leffler (Board Member) has moved, so we are in need of two new members. Currently we have two vacant positions to be filled by a consumer.
- Wall Residences – Request for renewal of protective restraints was approved.
- New Y-CAPP – Notification to add new TDT location at Fluvanna County High School was given.
The LHRC Meeting was adjourned.
The next meeting will be held on Thursday, April 17, 2014
We would like to thank everyone that attended this meeting and those who presented during the meeting. Please remember that everyone is invited to attend each LHRC Meeting held.